What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it possible to resizeand squish with the elliptical tool?

Sytheii

I have an elliptical looking image, and what I want to do, is take that image and then resize/squish/scrunch it, so that it's size is smaller, and more circular than elliptical.

Is this possible to do in Photoshop? This function is present in MS paint, so i figure a more sophisticated version/way to do this must exist in photoshop.

Any ideas? Thank you.

Menu...Image/Image Size. Resize it smaller. Don't press OK. Uncheck "Constrain Proportions". Now lower (smaller) width or height (depending ellipse direction). Press OK.
If not good press CTRL+Z. Try Image Size again.

Menu...Image/Image Size. Resize it smaller. Don't press OK. Uncheck "Constrain Proportions". Now lower (smaller) width or height (depending ellipse direction). Press OK.
If not good press CTRL+Z. Try Image Size again.

Huh. You know I did't think about that for some reason lol Worked like a charm.

THank you very much.

I don't know about litereature. Maybe someone else have some link.
From video, Lynda lessons are very good. There is for some basics too.

Ctrl+T then transform it as you like.

Ahh, now that's more like it. I keep on forgetting really that everything in Photoshop is about layers. Thanks for the handy tip. Re-size image for pixel fine measurements, and ctrl+t for on the fly. Ya'll're the best!

Back