What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inserting Flash to Powerpoint Presentation

Diella

Hi All,

in my current project, I will insert Flash to my PowerPoint presentation. I still playing around, since I just find the tutorial today :). I haven't really start my project.

My questions are:

1. is there anybody ever try to put presentation file (.ppt) using inserted flash and published it in the website??

2. I am not so sure, whether in user site will be able to view file object in presentation page, or should I include the swf. file for user to download? (the file object just a small movie in the left side of the every page)

Anyone who share their expertise here is very appreciated 8))

Thank you in advance

Diella

1. Copy the URL of the SWF file you want to insert and save it to a notepad. For example, if the file name is abc.swf, and the file is located at D:\My Documents, then the file URL should be "D:\My Documents\abc.swf"
2. Insert the SWF file to your PowerPoint presentation. The specific steps may be slightly different in PowerPoint 2003 and 2007.
* In PowerPoint 2003, click the View tab in the menu bar, choose Toolbars in the sub-menu, then select Control Toolbox to enter the Control Toolbar.
* In PowerPoint 2007, ensure the Developer tab has been enabled. If it isn't, go to Office (the Microsoft logo at the top left of the window) -> PowerPoint Options, and tick the checkbox Show Developer tab in the Ribbon in the pop up interface.

The next actions are the same in both versions.
* Click on the More Controls icon in the Control group.
* In the More Controls prompt box, scroll down the list to Shockwave Flash Object and click the item. Then the ActiveX Control is displayed as a crosshair object.
3. Enter the URL of the SWF file to the ActiveX Control item in your presentation.

Right click on the crosshair item to select Properties from the list. In the Properties interface, follow these steps:
* Find out EmbedMovie and change the item property from "False" to "True" if you want to move the presentation to another computer.
* Go to the Movie item and paste the URL of the SWF file (which is saved previously on your notepad) to the right blank.
4. Fine tune the SWF file in the PowerPoint presentation

To set specific options for playing the SWF file, do the following in the Properties interface.
* If the Playing property is set to True, you can turn it to False to disable the Start/Pause control.
* If you don't want the video to play in loop, go to change the Loop property to False.

Close the Properties dialog box once it is done.
5. Set the presentation to the "Slideshow" mode to view the SWF flash. Click the Slide Show button in the lower left of the PowerPoint window (or press F5, or click View Show in the Slide Show menu,) to run the SWF flash.

Back