What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image Rotation Problem

Tangaroa_Ru

I rotated an image, and now the image has shrunk. Every time I rotate it again to try and get it back to its original position, it shrinks further. Is there anything I can do about this, or am I stuck?

I have absolutely no idea... but i'm a photoshop noob :redface: :bustagut:

I'm not total noob but i don't know too. Maybe put some preview of what hapening? How you rotate it - Image/Rotate Canvas or with transformation?

even u can rotate image in image viewer of your operating system.
very simple in xp/vista/win7/win8
didn't u see that/

first of all you have not specified what program you are using I am aware this is a photoshop forum but you do not specify that you are using it. Some programs if you rotate an image you are rotating the image but not the canvas which works fine for an image for example is 1000 pixels by 1000 pixels however if your image is 1500 X 1000 then when you rotate an image 90 degrees the original width of 1500 now has to fit on a canvas only 1000 pixels hence scales dow the picture. so Make sure you are rotating canvas as well not just the image

How are you rotating it?
Using Image|Image Rotation, Rotate Image Tool, Edit|Transform|Rotate (any of them) the image won't resize.
Depending on the tool, you'll rotate the image but not the canvas and part of the image may seem to disappear.

I don't know how that can happen, that rotates the canvas too.
Open image size Alt+Ctrl+I and check the information.
Rotate the image 90°.
The numbers should be the same just swapped.

Are they or are they something else?

Back