What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to rasterize a layer with out losing transparent pixles?

Karl

I have a square with transparent fill and a black inner glow. When I rasterize the square the transparent pixels turn white. How can I keep them transparent? Thanks!

May I ask, why are you rasterizing?

To answer your question though, create a new layer, and then click on both layers while holding Shift, then right click the layers and choose merge layers.

I would like to see an example of this transparent fill with a black inner glow.

If you use a shape with a layer style you should not have this problem.

Screen Shot 2014-01-05 at 8.54.30 PM.png

I think they meant that there was something on the layer, but the fill was set to 0 on the blending options, as it is impossible to get an inner glow on a layer that has nothing in it.

Just right click the layer, and choose rasterize layer style.

Yeah, Spruce, mine is a black rectangular shape with the fill set to 0 in the blending options, and a Inner Glow in the layer style set to black. It rasterizes just fine.

Last edited:
I think I had a similar problem back in 2004 using Fireworks, but that's back when Macromedia still owned it. Can't remember how I sorted it though, as it was ten fracking years ago. I feel so old, and it's my birthday again in a few weeks. :cry:

Back