What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to glue small pictures?

Alan Pong

PS7
Hi,
I've 120 small pictures (each 32x32pixel) generated as an animation sequence. I want to tile it into a big bmp in order to make 6 rows of tile, each row has 20 small pics.

Apart from copy-and-paste-and-snap-to-grid method,
is there any easy way to glue small pic in PS?

Thanks.
Rgds.
Alan

Well, I've always done the copy & paste thing, Pong (draw your guides first)... so if there is another way, I'd be curious to know it too! ;)

Hi Alan, welcome to the community, hope you enjoy your stay. [excited]

I'd like to suggest you try the "Contact Sheet III" app within the "FILE>Automate" menu... but that may not actually prove to do what you need it to. Specifically because i think the images will get at least a 1-2 pixel paddig around them; so they won't be completely snug to each other.

But you may as well give 'er a go anywho! :D

Below are the settings you'd need to use.
Change the output resolution if you need to. If not, just use the default 72. And you'll need to name your images in a sequential order -- using letters or numbers.
Click the "Browse" button and find the folder containing the source images.
Once you're setup, click OK and PS will begin the procedure.

Let us know if this worked for you.
If not, you may have to resort to trying to create an Action/Droplet for what you need. But that's a whole 'nother story... [confused]

B7 Cool Mark! I just gave that "Contact Sheet III" app a test drive! I'm embarrassed to admit that it's a FIRST for me! ;\ Thanks for pointing it out! :D

Back