What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator How to change LINE thickness (NOT stroke)

windbrand

Is it possible to change line thickness, not the stroke thickness? I've searched everywhere and every result has to do with stroke thickness. -__-
I want to draw some lines with a very thin stroke, but the line itself is very thick (this is very easy to do in Photoshop). How do I do this? :question:

Regardless of document resolution size and tool you choose, be it a brush, pencil or even the row and column selection tool, the thinnest stroke is 1 pixel which you can adjust and save as a brush size preset.

That doesn't really answer my question lol.
And I can set stroke to 0.25pt, do it all the time, not sure what you're talking about.

As pointed out, the minimum brush stroke is .25.

But depending on what your doing, you may be able to FAKE IT - give the illusion the stroke appears much thinner by selecting a lighter color shade or (if you're using a tablet) set the pressure of the stylus at 50% (this may cause the brush stroke to look more angular, tho)......

just a suggestion.....

The question was how to do a thin stroke on a thick line, not what is the thinnest stroke peeps!.

It is very easy to do in Photoshop, but this is Illustrator, which works with paths. This means that without a stroke, the line is virtual, and only exists as an equation. If you want to have a thick line with a thin stroke, you have to do a thick stroke on a line first, then expand that by going to the object menu and clicking expand, then put a thin stroke on that. Don't think of what you can and can't do in Photoshop, it is a totally different program.

Alternatively you can do the image and stroke it to the over all thickness you want in the thin stroke colour, group it, then duplicate the image and change the colour and lower the stroke value.

Untitled-1.png

Back