What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you un-Blur an image?

ingyaningya

I think it's called "Sharpening", I've seen something online about it, but it had like 30 steps, and I didn't get it.
Can some please explain how to do it?
Thanks.

You can't correct a really blurry image, I'm afraid. All you can do is make it less blurry.

If you want something quick and easy which will produce decent results, try this. I use it a lot and it gives decent results without as much noise as using the unsharp mask.

Bring up original image and duplicate on a new layer. On the copy, go to Filter>Other>High Pass. You will see a mostly gray image in the preview window. Increase or decrease the radius setting until you can see outlines but no real detail and no color. Click on OK. You will now think I have lost my mind because it will look frankly awful, but when you change the blending mode to "Overlay", you will see that the photograph has sharpened quite a bit. If you get too much "noise", you can decrease the opacity of the filtered layer.

Hope that helps.

most likely you can't can you post the image?.........

You can't correct a really blurry image, I'm afraid. All you can do is make it less blurry.

If you want something quick and easy which will produce decent results, try this. I use it a lot and it gives decent results without as much noise as using the unsharp mask.

Bring up original image and duplicate on a new layer. On the copy, go to Filter>Other>High Pass. You will see a mostly gray image in the preview window. Increase or decrease the radius setting until you can see outlines but no real detail and no color. Click on OK. You will now think I have lost my mind because it will look frankly awful, but when you change the blending mode to "Overlay", you will see that the photograph has sharpened quite a bit. If you get too much "noise", you can decrease the opacity of the filtered layer.

Hope that helps.

I use that method too. Only i change blending mode to Overlay in the first place, so i can adjust radius looking on normal image. That's more easy.

I think it's called "Sharpening", I've seen something online about it, but it had like 30 steps, and I didn't get it.
Can some please explain how to do it?
Thanks.

30 steps?...Very intresting can you share that link, i'd like to check that one.

Anyway, you can use that Highpass plus standart sharpening filters. If it's total blured away, then after all that add some little grain (there is Grain filter). That will give a little sharper illusion.

*tries to think of 30 steps which could be used to sharpen an image....and fails*

People are so fond of overthinking things.

Go to Channel panel, the first step is to look at the channels palette and decide which channel best highlights the area we want to capture. Click on the channel that does that and drag it down to the new channel button to create copy.

Filter > Stylize > Glowing Edges with similar settings to these - edge width =1 edge brightness =16 and smoothness = 4.
Hold the Ctrl button and click the Red copy,delete this channel: click on the Red copy channel and drag it down to the delete current channel button to delete it. Then go to layers palette (Window > Layers) and press Ctrl+H to hide selection temporary, but do not delete layer for now! Then apply Filter > Sharpen > Unsharp Mask with some playing around to your taste, i used in unsharp mask mode amount 201 - radius 6.5 -and threshold set at 40.

The selected area is hidden for now, press Ctrl+H again to make it visible. Then press Ctrl+J to duplicate selected area to new layer. Then apply Filter > Sharpen > Sharpen Edges.

Enjoy i do a shorter version to this, but this is the one your referring to i bet mate.

Back