What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how do i make this style?

scorpion

can somone help me make the pic below? it looks cool and have some ideas to use it for my self if i can find out how to make it.

1) fill layer 1 with grid
2) fill layer 2 with orange
3) layer 3: with rectangular marquee, make a box the size of the outside of the border. Go>>Select>>Modify>>Smooth, about 5 px. Fill with new orange.
Go>>Select>>Modify>>Contract, by about 4 px. delete.
4) Select border layer, Go Edit>>Stroke , 1 px black, center.
5) Layer 4 :Make a selection of the *metal* part, fill with blue/grey.
6) Layer 5 : Make a blue/gry to white radial gradient, clip it to the metal layer.
7) Select metal layer, Go>> Edit>>Stroke ,1 px , black, center. Go>>Select>>modify>>contract by 2 or 3 px, Stroke again.ad the other 2 lines in the center with the pencil.
8) Layer 6 : Rectangular marquee tool, make a square in the upper left corner about 9 px by 100. Go Select>>Modify>>Smooth by 5 or so.
Fill with orange. Make the forground color White, and with a 2 px brush make a stripe across the center. Lock the layer and Guassian blur by 2. Unlock layer, and with the eraser, cut the round end on the right. Edit>>stroke 1 px, black, center.
9) Layer 7 : Repeat in upper right corner, a couple of pixels larger. (and the eraser is used on the left)
10) Layer 8 : select the center section, fill with purple, reduce opacity to suit.

Albeit Bob has provided quite a good set of instructions for you to "replicate" 3[ that image Scorpion... would you really rather just come up with your own "original" looking graphic?

Even if it's a variation on that one... i think it would be a better choice than copying it exactly. Try it! :righton:

Back