What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can I create a simple banner lay-out like this

sjoerdlos

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to create a banner as you see in the attachment. (I only have this in a GIF which I cannot use and want an other size, thats why I want to make a complete new banner).

But I do not know how to create this shape and the border around it. Also when I use the gradient tool the shape goes back to normal.. I'm doing all wrong.

Please, if anyone could help me out and explain step by step how to create it, would be great!

I really appreciate all of your kind help!

Best regards,
Sjoerd, the Netherlands

Attachments

• col_left_callout.gif
    col_left_callout.gif
    4.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Naamloos.jpg
    Naamloos.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
This is very easy:

1) use the rounded rectangle tool, corner radius 5px, and simply draw your rectangle above the sample screenshot you posted

2) double-click the layer with the rectangle to pull up the layer properties. Choose: stroke - one pixel width colour #dfdfdf

3) still in the layer properties choose gradient overlay. Left to right, white or grey, the grey being #f0f0f0

done!

Please see the attached photo shop file. You will see your screenshot and the rounded rectangle created by me above it.

Cheers

Chris

View attachment round-corner-rectangle.psd

Back