What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with the attached picture

adyaldea

Kapa Jump 01.png

Please help me remove the lines from the sky in the attached photo. I have no idea how this issue is called, but if you open the image you will see what I am talking about. It's a sort of noise.

Thank you in advance.

Was making a newb suggestion but IamSam made me delete my post with that cool result.

IamSam...did you use a gaussian blur on the sky?

Last edited:
For fun, I tried a slightly different approach to selecting the sky, Asiva Select, and a different approach to dealing with the sky once it was selected, namely, horizontal blur. This technique looks like it picks up a bit more texture in the snow spray, but it also looks like it has more artifacts, as well. :-(

T

Kapa_Jump_01-tjm01_acr0-ps03a_698px_wide-01.jpg

awesome tutorial.Is there any thumb rules to deter main which channel is suited to sue this option or its just trail and error ??

Back