What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

G'Day!

I'm a complete idjiit when it comes to using Photoshop (7.0) on a WIN XPpro SP3. I can never seem to find the correct term for what I'm doing/want to do/attempting to destroy and so I just keep punching buttons until "something" works. I've managed to get a 'fair' grip on the most basic functions that way.

Do we have a specific section for 7.0 under XP or do I just look for the "Dinosaur's Boneyard" area? I know most Windows folks are on CS with Win7, but I'm old and slow.

:confused:

I have old Faithful 7 alongside CS4.... lol.... 7 was the best of the old original line.

I have a feeling you just started using PS. Explore the controls and sizmosthe program and try and remember what a tool or function does. Take it slow and easy.

There's a whole lot of knowledge here you could browse through. If you need more help , just pop your question and someone would be here to help.

Welcome and enjoy your time here. You say your old?..... don't worry, you're in good company with a lot of us ancients here.... lol.... iDad is one of them.....

lol ....dv8_ knows who his Daddy is..........:mrgreen: Welcome!

(frayedknots chews his gums, shifts in the rocking chair and uses the spittoon...)

Thank'ee kindly, chilluns! I've already got questions that got me squirmin' but which are probably simple as anything... I'll post 'em in the General Question area!

Attachments

• 0002-081411.jpg
    0002-081411.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 23
LOL, don't use Adobe's. My suggestion is to get several books (library) and find the one you can actually understand and follow, then buy that one. There are also a lot of tutorials on line and you'll find plenty here on the forum as well.

Welcome, I'm not exactly one of the young ones and still have PS6 on my old iMac. Lots of changes in new versions but still the same familiar Photoshop. :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Welcome aboard mate, use this place it as lots to offer and we all bite lol.

If you want to learn Photoshop, start by going to the library. A book on any version will teach you the basics and the proper terminology.

Actually, I checked out half.com and found quite a few Photoshop 7.0 instruction books, both by Adobe and by others. Bought 4 different ones for a total cost (incl shipping) of $18 USD.

Never underestimate the values you can find!

Thanks for the tip on the books!

Back