What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Edit needed please

Robertdlea

Hi

Is there anybody who can edit this photo? The background is too bright and the people are to dark. I just want the people to be in a better light.

Any edit would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

FB_IMG_1649524298217.jpg

This is a classic backlit mess:) And its a shame because this is a nice shot. There are people on here who are much better on this type of thing but here's my effort.

Backlit Group_6.jpg

Last edited:
That neon in the background is a killer - whoever took the photo exposed for that bright signage.
Did my best and there are others who probably can do more. Don't know what you might consider a save...

wedding group edited.jpg

Oh my, that photographer I hope was fired. Photography 101 NEVER backlight your subjects.

Ok, well only have a few min so kind of a quickie, needs MUCH more time spent on my crop lines so they may seem to have hard edges. (Yes that is fixable, few more hours.) Can't push it much further than I did though, can only work with what's here. But if this is close enough just say the word, I'll spend more time on the edges and do it again.

People.jpg

Oh my, that photographer I hope was fired. Photography 101 NEVER backlight your subjects.

Ok, well only have a few min so kind of a quickie, needs MUCH more time spent on my crop lines so they may seem to have hard edges. (Yes that is fixable, few more hours.) Can't push it much further than I did though, can only work with what's here. But if this is close enough just say the word, I'll spend more time on the edges and do it again.

View attachment 128668
Thank you, the picture was done on a old phone at the end of the night after a few beers lol. Thank you for your time and effort though

You didn't say if you are happy with anything here. Again my stab at it only needs more time spent. So everyone knows what I did here.... I used the quick mask tool to separate figures from background. Once that is done and each is on it's own layer, it's a simple matter of some very light burn and dodge. There really is no way to fix that blonde guy who is the most washed out by that light. POSSIBLY could add a slight saturation or sharpen, but the improvement will be negligible. What needs the time is that masking step. I just grabbed a small brush and got close but to do this right means a whole lot of zooming in close, using a fuzzy brush to dust around the edges. That would give it less of a cookie cut out effect.
No time today, but tomorrow I sure could work this better, just say the word.

(Still won't make it a perfect photo, sorry to say it is what it is. Can be improved but only to a point.)

You didn't say if you are happy with anything here. Again my stab at it only needs more time spent. So everyone knows what I did here.... I used the quick mask tool to separate figures from background. Once that is done and each is on it's own layer, it's a simple matter of some very light burn and dodge. There really is no way to fix that blonde guy who is the most washed out by that light. POSSIBLY could add a slight saturation or sharpen, but the improvement will be negligible. What needs the time is that masking step. I just grabbed a small brush and got close but to do this right means a whole lot of zooming in close, using a fuzzy brush to dust around the edges. That would give it less of a cookie cut out effect.
No time today, but tomorrow I sure could work this better, just say the word.

(Still won't make it a perfect photo, sorry to say it is what it is. Can be improved but only to a point.)
Yeah I love them all.. my mission was to get it slightly lighter and mission was accomplished!! You are all wanderful wizards 🥰

Back