What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Duplicate and position

Nelix

Hi all

I haven’t been around for a number of years but my last experience here was great, so when I needed help with photoshop this was my first point of call.

I need to make a gang sheet 550mm wide x 1 metre long, I need to copy a set number of copies of the same image on to the gang sheet in a way that fits the most on is there a quick and easy way to do this? Is it also possible that if they won’t all fit on the one gang sheet then another is created and the remaining images placed on the new one?

I’m possible expected too much but thought I would ask the question.

I have about 10-12 images that I need approx 40-50 copies of each on gang sheets to send for printing.

Hi @Nelix
It's a pretty open-ended question, e.g., Are the images all the same size? What about shapes (rectangle or otherwise)? I have not seen automated software that will take arbitrary shapes and sizes and optimize them to a gang sheet. I have not used any of the items below yet, but I thought this list from online might give you some ideas to consider. Other forum members might have more specific information and recommendations. I just wanted to throw this in if you don't get any more targeted answers.
Personally, I would eyeball it and do it by hand, as finding just the right tool may also take some work.
Just some quick thoughts.
John Wheeler

Here are a few software options that can help with automating the placement of images on gang sheets:

1. Adobe Illustrator with Plugins: Adobe Illustrator can be used for gang sheet layout, and there are plugins available, like Cut Studio or Rhinestone Designer, that add specific functionality for automating placements.
  2. CorelDRAW with Plugins: CorelDRAW is another popular tool for layout design. Similar to Illustrator, CorelDRAW can be enhanced with plugins like Cutting Master or SignLab to automate gang sheet creation.
  3. SAi Flexi: This is a professional design software often used in sign making and vinyl cutting. It has built-in features for gang sheet layout and can automate the placement of multiple images efficiently.
  4. ONYX Graphics: ONYX offers wide-format printing software that includes tools for creating gang sheets automatically. It’s especially useful for large-scale printing operations.
  5. AccuRIP: Specifically designed for screen printing, AccuRIP includes tools to arrange images on gang sheets automatically, optimizing space to reduce material waste.
  6. RIP Software: Raster Image Processors (RIP) like Ergosoft or Wasatch SoftRIP often have gang sheet automation as part of their feature set, allowing for efficient layout of images for printing.
These tools are particularly useful if you frequently need to arrange multiple designs on a single sheet and want to optimize for material usage and efficiency.

Back