What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dummy Questions Around PhotoShop Versions Products.

Nasher

Hey Guy's

Im a PS newb, as you can tell from my second post! Please be gentle if i come across a bit thick ;) Id be ever so grateful if you guys could help me out and answer my stupid questions.

Would someone be kind enough to let me know in order the releases of PhotoShop? I know this is really dumb, but I'm very confused right now.

What version should I be using? What Is the most upto date version I can Buy?

What Is the difference between PS and PS Elements? Are they different programs? If so whats the difference?, shall I buy them both?

What exactly does Photoshop Lightroom do?

Have I missed any PhotoShop programs?

Sorry guy's I can see I'm being a pain but would be over the moon if you guys would chip in and answer these questions.

Regards

Nasher.

I never use it but PS Elements is a photo editing software... edit photos, photo editing software program | Adobe Photoshop Elements 9.... PS is an all-rounder (create out of nothing, edit, manipulate, mangle, strangle, you name it.) You would be better of with PS unless you only want to create basic images for say... your album.

Photoshop 1.0 was released in 1990. (And I'm still looking for this for collection purposes.) You should see how primitive the GUI was.

View attachment 2483

View attachment 2484

Since then, there were 7 versions and 5 CS (Creative Suite) versions. Photoshop CS5 is the latest.

Photoshop Lightroom is a photomanagement tool - for Photographers.

All these and more are products of ADOBE... Adobe ....

Last edited:
your a ledgend, so elements is a poor mans PS? there is no need to buy cs5 and ps elements?

I salute you sir.

Thanks

Nasher

great, so there is no need to buy both then? cs5 does everything elements does and more. you could call elements a mini PS?

thanks for taking time out to answer my questions man.

Not putting ddarioyimobiliaria's post down in any ways, but with Photoshop CS5 you can manage your RAW-images (and jpeg's and a slew more) in Adobe Bridge that comes along with Photoshop. Editing RAW-images (or jpeg's and tiff's) you can do in Camera RAW which also is there in Photoshop. So basically, you might only need Photoshop.
Your choise ...

Back