What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Retouch Cross eyed image help

Μany thanks guys ! You are the best ! Thank you very much, very good job ! Unfortunately i have the same problem in 1-2 other images from the same shooting.. maybe i post them sometime and help me if you have the time. I really appreciate that

Μany thanks guys ! You are the best ! Thank you very much, very good job ! Unfortunately i have the same problem in 1-2 other images from the same shooting.. maybe i post them sometime and help me if you have the time. I really appreciate that
Thank you for the opportunity! When you post the others, remember only one image allowed per edit. So if you have two different images, just post them separately. :)

I have to confess that I'm intrigued by the power of this photo. so I spent some time playing with it.

I suspect that the dancer is not (or not significantly) cross-eyed but that two factors are giving that illusion. As is very common with individuals with striking features, the head is somewhat asymmetrical and in this case somewhat looking down at the forehead makes the eyes to appear not gauzing parallel. But the issue is mainly exacerbated by the eyes being illuminated from opposite sides placing shadows on the inner (nose) portion of the face. I raised the dancers left eye a few pixels and lightened the sclera on the inner portion of both eyes.

This is a hard shot to get right photographically as the background demands some sort of horizontal symmetry. Anyone who has tried this realizes this is not easy and the photographer did a very good job but some nuances bothered me. The head is dead center under the far backlit exit, and while the horizontals are fine It bothered me that something was off. I edited as if this were my shot and effected a minute perspective correction and made the right and left 'half' of the image the same width.

Next I deepened some ceiling shadows to draw the viewer's eyes down to our focus element and lighted portions of the dancers body and face.

Lastly I did minor colorization to the face and chest/abdomen.

For good or ill...

FixEye_5.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for your time , i really like the result ! I am the dancer of this photo so i can say that i am not so cross-eyed in real life. In this particular shooting i tried to produce images with a moving-effect , drama and "beast-mode" attitude so i didnt manage to control my tension and had this awkward result in face. My face without these problems can be seen in my spider-avatar photo. Many thanks !

Back