What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Construction Shapes

lindaw

Power User
I am in major need of construction shapes compat with pshop 6.01. I found some on exchange but they are for vs7 and they won't work with my vs 6.01. If anyone has a link to some that I can download it would be greatly appreciated. I need shapes like a house, wood, brick, hammer,etc.

Thanks in advance!! [oops]

Finding specific vector shapes for that purpose will prove difficult Julie.
But are you sure you're loading them correctly? I've loaded several shape libraries into PS7, that were created with/for PS6. All without issue. I don't think they CAN be incompatible. As far as i've noticed, this function in PS didn't change from v6 to v7. (at least not for Windoze)

May i suggest you try using an image fontset instead? ;)

I have a lot of these, and a specific set that has some of the ones you said you need. I haven't examined them all so other you need may also be within these sets. Let me know if you'd like them and i'll email em to ya. The group of them is too large to upload here.

PS: i create my own custom vShapes by opening image fonts (dingbats/wingdings/glyphs) and choosing the "Convert to Shape" command.

Thanks Stu and Mark.

I tried loading the shapes into the cust shapes folder and when I restart the software and try to load the shapes I get a nasty "not compat with this version" I think maybe there are other issues with that file as I have used 7 compat only loads before as well.

**Mark** I would be most appreciative if you could email those to me!! I know you are very busy!

Stu...I have been away from pshop doing nothing but coding and when I tried to make the darn thing...well you can only imagine how terrible it was! I am getting back into my graphics as it was very bad for me to leave it alone! I just all of the sudden had this emergency need and I am stressing big time [confused]

lindaw said:
I tried loading the shapes into the cust shapes folder and when I restart the software and try to load the shapes I get a nasty "not compat with this version"
I'm confused here. Are you sure that you load them the way I show in this attachment. I just wondered, since you talked about "restarting the software"...which confuses me.

Yeah that is where I load them. I tried that and got the error so I restarted pshop just incase and tried to load them and got the same error. Strange but it seems that the shapes I had problems with, others had problems as well since they posted complaints that the shapes would not work in 6.01 so I figure it is something with the file itself, not a vs issue.

Ok Linda i'll email you the fonts i mentioned.
Can you email me first though so i have your addy? And i'll just reply to that.

If folks had trouble loading those shapes into PS6 AND 7, then i'd venture a guess that they may very well be corrupted in some way. But it only takes one good install to dispell that 'guess'.

Mark you be dah man! Thank you very much! Just what I needed!! The link was a huge help as well. I feel like a dingbat not seraching for dingbats! :bustagut: :bustagut: [confused]

Back