What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Colour Palette - HowTo

Alexandria

I would like to make this palette, but the colours and textures would constantly change. What I need to know is how do I go about making the shadows on the actual holes, so that whatever I change it to, it will always have that shadow?
hud.jpg

Thanks, looks great but unfortunately I have no idea how do did the "holes", the glow etc. Just the first layer already, when I add solid colour, I get a totally different layer :thinking:
1726430835347.png

Just the first layer already, when I add solid colour, I get a totally different layer
1726430835347 copy.png
In Ps 25.0 on, Adobe added this and refers to this corner icon as Layer Mask Badges. They are used to differentiate between a "raster" Layer Mask and a "vector" Layer Mask. This is the "raster" badge.

You have the same thing I have, it just appears differently in your version of Ps.

Thanks, looks great but unfortunately I have no idea how do did the "holes"
You use the Elliptical Marques Tool....................you've been using Ps since 2012, you should already be familiar with this tool. :thinking:
Click/Select the layer mask, then make a selection with the above mentioned tool, fill with white. This will create the "hole". Add as many holes as you like to the layer mask.

the glow etc
What glow? If you are referring to the Bevel & Emboss, that's done with a layer style as I explained above..............you've been using Ps for a long time now, you should already be familiar with layer styles and Bevel & Emboss shouldn't you????? I found some of your old threads of yours where we used layer styles!!

Here's the layer style I used with the Bevel & Emboss settings............
Screen Shot 2024-09-15 at 7.07.14 PM.png

Well, first of all, thank you very much for your time and explanation, I can't seem to get it to work, not sure if this is right ... but that's just life after a severe stroke.

Untitled-2.png

you've been using Ps for a long time now, you should already be familiar with layer styles and Bevel & Emboss shouldn't you????? I found some of your old threads of yours where we used layer styles!!
Yes, you are right ... and I will probably be using it until the day I die ... but that doesn't mean my knowledge is the same tomorrow as it is today. I wish I were so lucky. I literally pay people to "use" them as MY brain. I will gladly also pay for step-by-step tutorials here, I really don't mind. I can just do without the ????? and !!!!!'s. Once again, thank you:)

Last edited:
I can't seem to get it to work, not sure if this is right
These look great!

but that's just life after a severe stroke.
Sorry to hear this.

Yes, you are right ... and I will probably be using it until the day I die ... but that doesn't mean my knowledge is the same tomorrow as it is today.
Not sure how to respond to this one.

I literally pay people to "use" them as MY brain. I will gladly also pay for step-by-step tutorials here, I really don't mind.
If this is true, then please post in the paid section and not in the General Ps board. I personally do not do paid edits or tutorials, but I'm sure someone will help you out.

I can just do without the ????? and !!!!!'s
Again, sorry to hear this. It's just who I am and if you have issue with it, then I will understandably not reply to your threads.

Once again, thank you
Your welcome! Good luck in the future!!!!

Back