What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Change the color of watch hands, part 2

SlowRain

All I need you to do is change the color of the hour and minute hands to black, and change the sub-seconds hand to gold. You can use the hour markers as the reference gold color.

White dial, blue hands.jpg

Not really a fan of the gold second hand since it doesn't stand out. So I created 2 versions - one with gold second hand as requested, another with a striped second hand imitating the hour markers...

Gold second hand:

White dial,black hands gold second.jpg

Striped second hand:

White dial,black hands striped second.jpg

Thank you very much!

Let me tell you why I'm doing this because I have at least two more I'd like to do. I've never owned a watch with a sub-seconds hand before, and none of the offerings by the watch company have the combinations I'm requesting here. I still want to keep it professional looking, but my worry is that the sub-seconds hand will interfere with telling the time at a quick glance. I'm most concerned with how all the hands will overlap each other when the time is something like 6:27:15.

Thank you very much!

Let me tell you why I'm doing this because I have at least two more I'd like to do. I've never owned a watch with a sub-seconds hand before, and none of the offerings by the watch company have the combinations I'm requesting here. I still want to keep it professional looking, but my worry is that the sub-seconds hand will interfere with telling the time at a quick glance. I'm most concerned with how all the hands will overlap each other when the time is something like 6:27:15.
I've worked on watch faces before with either sweeping second hands or a separate sub second as you call it. Either format can be quite elegant although I prefer the sweeping hand myself. In the greater scheme of things, it comes down to personal choice. If you are concerned about the mechanics of 6:27:15, I think that's been compensated before. Visually, it only last a second. :)

Please do post your needs here - you'll get some good responses from the resident artists...

Back