What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Change history states PS 2024

elfin

I have a very simple question and I have spent an hour and not been able to find an answer on Google, Photoshop help or Photoshop forum. All I want to do is to know how to change the number of history states in PS 2024. All I came up with is all this crap from previous versions. Can someone please help me out before I run out the door screaming pulling my hair out? Thank you.

Hello and welcome!

Is it not under Preferences > Performance > History States????
Screen Shot 2024-09-07 at 6.33.18 PM.png

This is what I see and it is nothing like what you were showing. I don't understand why your pic is showing something from preferences rather than what I have as settings on my version. This is PS 2024 that I have. I have no idea what version you pull that pic from and I had to recently download a new version because of some other changes that I made related to my hard drive.

Screenshot 2024-09-08 at 4.31.59 PM.png

That IS where you need to be..................now try clicking on performance!!!

I would never have thought to look there. Thank you so very much. I appreciate your help.{at least my beautiful blonde hair gets to stay intact hee hee)

Back