What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Change colour of car boot, wing mirrors and boot door.

kinghumez

Hi,

New member here :-)

Looking to get my bonnet, wing/side mirrors and boot door wrapped.
I'm not sure on a colour yet so I would like to see what other's think would look nice.
I would like to be able to see it in Matt Black and 'Carbon Fiber' if possible please.
If possible, I'd like to see what it looks like in a pearlescent / iridescent type wrap too.

Thank you!

Back.jpgFront.jpgFront2.jpgBack3.jpgSide.jpg

Those images are very small / low resolution, making them difficult to work with.

Post larger high res images if you can and someone may be able to help.

Those images are very small / low resolution, making them difficult to work with.

Post larger high res images if you can and someone may be able to help.

My thoughts as well, although if that's difficult I think I could help you out if I knew what the make and model of that car are, as well as the info about your custom wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My guess would be a Suzuki Swift, not sure what year though.

Okay, good tip on the Suzuki Swift, this is what I came up with for the hood and mirrors, granted it isn't your car it should at least give you some idea as to how it might look. If you're able to upload larger, high res images of your own vehicle I could do these edits to yours. I noticed you had custom lights and wheels so you may get a better feel for it that way.
SuzukiSwift.jpg

Sorry about the low res photos. They were taken on my phone and then edited on Publisher. I will attach the photos straight from my phone to see if they are better; if not I will use my DSLR camera and take some good quality ones.
Thank you for your respond Chsavage and thank you that image. At least I can see it on a car the same colour as mine.

Here's your front end in carbon fibre, I'm still working on your other requests to see matte black and pearlescent, but I at least wanted you to have something to look at.
SuzukiSwift2F.jpg
Had to be cropped to fit, sorry about that.

Thanks Chsavage! That looks great. Would you be able to remove the 'suzuki' and 'swift' badges from the boot please? As I have removed these since the photo was taken. I would also be interested to see what I'd look like without the 'S' in the middle. If you would like me to message you direct with my requests, let me know.

Thanks again

If you'd like to do that you're more than welcome to, although leaving your requests here enables other artists to attempt it as well. This way your requests are more likely to be fulfilled in an expedited fashion.
Here's the hatch with no badges.
SShatchnobadge.jpg

Thanks Cleavage! Really appreciate this.
Sorry to be a pain and keep requesting but could I see the bonnet and wing mirrors in:
Orange
Chrome Gold
Dark Purple
Sarin Grey
White

I'd also like your opinion on what colour you think look good.
I don't need these pictures urgently so please don't feel rushed as I've requested a lot.
Thanks again

Ok, I've got those five colors here. As far as my opinion goes, if you're only wrapping certain parts of your car stick with matte black, satin grey, carbon fibre, or matte white. The reason being is that going with a different non-matching color, in my opinion at least, makes it look like you've fixed your car up with some mismatching panels you found but haven't painted. The gold isn't bad, although blue and gold is something Subaru does, I'm sure you'd like to avoid that confusion. And remember that satin grey, matte black and matte white can make the subtle body lines of your vehicle disappear. I would also opt for a black badge for your grille, or a bad delete, just a nice clean look I think. If there are any hues you'd like me to adjust just let me know. In order:
SSfrontorange.jpgSSfrontgold.jpgSSfrontDrkP.jpgSSfrontSG.jpgSSfrontwhite.jpg

Back