What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boycott Star Wars

Hey all!

If you're a Star Wars fan, please join me in boycotting the new complete series on Blu-Ray. Lucas has once again decided to change the movies on us, and boycotting the Blu-Ray release would be a way to send a message that he needs to restore the movies to their original condition (Greedo shot first!!!).

My rant is over.

Agent

George Lucas is changing the movies again for the Blu-Ray release. Google it and see what he's changing now.

That's why!

Agent

hmm a few changes here and there wont hurt? i wasn't always a hardcore star wars fan, i enjoyed the originals, but do you not think lucas is trying to make the movies even more ageless than they already are with the changes? and besides, what's stopping you sitting in front of the VHS version on your TV? no-one is saying you HAVE TO BUY THE BLU RAY OR DIE, are they?

What the h#ll is VHS? (just kidding) I don't have a VCR, for one.

Second, you must be under 30. Star Wars was a key that unlocked the imaginaton of a generation of young people around the world. Nothing before it was even close!

George Lucas keeps going back and raping my childhood, and making more and more profit off of it.

If you're not a fan, you won't care or understand. And you probably won't buy the Blu-Ray anyway. This message is essentially for those hardcore fans of the original, unaltered, films, who are tired of Lucas screwing with it. Maybe poor Blu-Ray sales will convince Lucas to just leave them alone.

Agent

LOL I love it.
George Lucas has been doing this since the 1970's when the first 3 films came out on VHS.

You bought each tape
You bought the trilogy with enhanced sound.
Then it came out in letterbox.
Then it came out with additional scenes
Then it came out completely digitally enhanced.

That was just VHS.

LOL I love it.
George Lucas has been doing this since the 1970's when the first 3 films came out on VHS.

You bought each tape
Then it came out completely digitally enhanced.

That was just VHS.

That's true, but it's not the same thing. You have to accept that technology avances, and you can be a luddite and hang on to your betamax, or you you can buy every new version as it comes out.

But guess what?

*****SPOILER ALERT*****
*****SPOILER ALERT*****
*****SPOILER ALERT*****
*****SPOILER ALERT*****

If you buy "Citizen Kane" on Blu-Ray, he still says "Rosebud" at the end of the movie, and he's still referring to his sled. Nobody digitally inserted him referring to his 1919 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost!

*****SPOILER ALERT*****
*****SPOILER ALERT*****
*****SPOILER ALERT*****
*****SPOILER ALERT*****

Agent

agentmoeller said:
Lucas has once again decided to change the movies on us

You don't consider......

Then it came out completely digitally enhanced

........ changing the movie on us?

Are you suggesting the newest Lucas offering has alternate endings?

Back