What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Batch removing grey parts in background

Bartsw

Hi there,

I've been taking 2000 headshots on a white background.
While I was shooting I saw a grey area in the upper left corner showing up. At the moment of the shooting I didn't have the occasion to change lighting.

Removing this one by one works perfectly using the dodge tool and removing just the highlights.
Is there a way to do this in a batch? (since the heads are all very centered in the frame and the grey area is always in the upper left corner).

Thanks in advance!

Sure. I would suggest that you make a file (psd, tiff, png - something that supports transparency) that contains a copy of one of the images that you have manually fixed. Select the "fixed" area + a good bit of the surroundings, and feather the selection in the direction of the main part of the image. Put just that in it's own file (ie, an image that's mostly transparent image but goes to fully opaque in the problem area).

Now, you can record an action that uses any of several methods to automatically layer that on top of a problematic image, merge the layers, and save the results. You might need to make slight variations in color or brightness from shot to shot to get an absolutely perfect match, but at least you'll probably be 90% of the way there with just this simple approach.

If you want the action to also add a couple of adjustment layers and then pause to allow the user to tweak the adjustment layers a bit before proceeding to the next image, that should be no problem at all.

HTH,

T

The grey area differs more then I thought.
I'm thinking about dodging the grey zones manually.

Is there a way so Photoshop will open all the images in a folder one by one. Let me do some changes, then save it. And open up the next one in the folder.

I tried with image processor but I dind't quite find it.

So basically I want photoshop to open a picture let me do a change, safe the picture with my change, and then open up the next picture...

is this possible?

thanks!

"Is there a way so Photoshop will open all the images in a folder one by one. Let me do some changes, then save it. And open up the next one in the folder...."

Yes, this could be done, but, IMHO, compared to simply going through them manually (from either the file manager or Bridge), the maximum amount of time this would save you is so small, it just wouldn't be worth the effort.

T

Back