What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

B & W printing from Photoshop

robertoo

I have a problem that I do not seem to be able to solve with printing from Photoshop images loaded from a digital camera in B & W only. I have a B & W, Leica Monochrome, digital camera. I download images to Photoshop 2021. I work the image until satisfied. In IMAGE I tap on mode and go to GREYSCALE. I launch print to an Epson P600.
The print emerges with a BLUE cast. I am using three blacks, LLK, LK, BK. I allow Printer to manage colour. I try again, in MODE using RGB and then preset to max minus values on all the colours. I get the same result
a Blue Cast over the photograph. I try LET PHOTOSHOP MANAGE COLOUR. Same result. What am I doing wrong? I have digital prints from earlier versions that are true black and white with deep blacks and silver greys.
Any suggestions?

I suggest going through this entire tutorial on Advance B&W mode for the P600 and give that a go:

Hope this helps
John Wheeler

Back