What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Avid car editor.. Late to that party?

KDC

Hello, my interest in photos and darkroom work began decades ago. After a few years break, digital format revived my interest and that past darkroom experience helped me figure out the editing programs. Combining a passion for cars and curiosity of design, I began altering car images out of that personal curiosity. Posting these car images for editing critique, I began noticing others had been doing similar, but some car enthusiast viewers were sometimes soured by infeasible alterations in images obviously full of flaws.
So with cars as my favored subject of practice, I set a goal to make my altered car images undetectable as being edited, and that the vehicle alterations are not just feasible but hopefully appealing in how the factory might have produced it. I also began to notice decreasing interest in the automotive what-if, so I'm figuring that I was simply late to the party in that trend.
Along with expanding in a variety of other artsy photo works, I then began to teach myself how to digital paint, again with cars as my favored subject of practice. My car images have caught the eyes of actual car designers giving their nod of approval, plus an automotive design instructor whom graciously critiqued my vehicle alterations but not the editing. I have since acquired two print magazine credits so far creating unique what-if car imagery to match the article as written, inclusion in automotive artist lists, and other related website mentions. I'm here seeking any critique and tips that may help improve my imagery, not all are realistic photo edits as some get a more 'artsy' treatment in appearance, and perhaps I can help others as well.

Hello and welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing some of your car edits!

Back