What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adobe Bridge problem layers problem

mamapop

I have an image i created that has no background on it when im using it in photoshop. But when i try to add this image to another one using the add files to layers option in adobe bridge the image with no background now has a white background. How can i fix this or work around this? I dont want to have to remove the white background over and over again.

im using CS5. Thanks for the help!

What format is the image?
If you remove the background of an image you can't save it as a JPG, it should be saved as a png, tif, psd, or (a poor choice) gif.
If you save it as a jpg you will get a white background when you re-open the file.

i tried saving as a png. it also did not work

notice how in image2 there is no background, but in image1 there is a background

image2 is inside photoshop
image1 is inside Bridge.

how do i fix this?

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Untitled1.jpg
    Untitled1.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 9
so is there another way to load images into to layers in photoshop with ought using bridge so i can avoid this problem.

When you remove the background, what format are you saving it to??
I have files with transparent backgrounds that display incorrectly as a white background in Bridge but when opened in PS display correctly.

Have you actually tried loading this problem file and see it the background is transparent in PS?

Where is the
the add files to layers option in adobe bridge
option located, I can't find it.

Back