What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't get a Plug-in to work on CS5

sargan

For a number of years I used the superb Plug-in from Adobe Exchanage ..
This forum doies not allow me to post the link ... but it attached instead " underwater.8bf"

It installs as 'Kedaffie’s filters' .. with sub filter "bring back the reds"

Now upgraded PC to W7 (32 bit) and Photoshop CS5 extended, now when I try to use this on CS5 it crashes the app. On Adobe support pages it does say that many early plug-ins will not work with CS5.

Does anybody know how to get this to work under CS5 or is knowledgeable enough to upgrade the plug-in so it will work ?

Alternatively (and I know remote chance) anybody know how to contact Eduard Winter the author.

Attachments

i have a windows XP, and i used this plugin and it seems to be working just fine !! maybe it's the win 7 thing again !! it's just a damp system //

If you have Windows 64 bit please use our instructions to install the plug-ins in Photoshop:
  • If you use Photoshop CS4/CS5 64 bit on Win 64 bitCopy the files with the ending _64.8bf into the Plugins folder of Photoshop CS4/CS5.
    For example, Coloriage_64.8bf from the corresponding folder C:\Program Files (x86)\AKVIS\Coloriage
    into the Plugins folder of CS5: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5 (64 Bit)\Plug-ins\
    Then re-open Photoshop and check how the plugin works.
    plugin-64.png
  • If you use Photoshop CS4/CS5 32 bit on Win 64 bitCopy the files with the ending .8bf into the Plugins folder of Photoshop CS4/CS5.
    For example, Coloriage.8bf from the corresponding folder C:\Program Files (x86)\AKVIS\Coloriage
    into the Plugins folder of CS5 C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5\Plug-ins\
    Then re-open Photoshop and check how the plugin works.
    plugin-32-win64.png
    Attention!
    If you set the Additional Plug-ins Folder in Photoshop (using the command Edit -> Preferences -> Plug-Ins), to add the path to a folder with plug-ins in Photoshop 32 bit on Windows 64 bit, you can get an error message from Photoshop that it does not know that kind of file.
    It happens if the folder has a 64 bit plugin. Photoshop 32 bit tries to upload it but can't recognize it.
    Not a big problem, but it's very irritating to get the error message each time you run Photoshop. To remove this error message just delete the 64 bit file from the folder used as the Additional Plug-ins Folder in Photoshop preferences. If you use Photoshop 32 bit you do not need 64 bit files there.

[F[/IMG][/CENTER]
Attention!
If you set the Additional Plug-ins Folder in Photoshop (using the command Edit -> Preferences -> Plug-Ins), to add the path to a folder with plug-ins in Photerror message each time you run Photoshop. To remove this error message just delete the 64 bit file from the folder used as the Additional Plug-ins Folder in Photoshop preferences. If you use Photoshop 32 bit you do not need 64 bit files there.
[/LIST]

I have W7 32 bit
CS is installed as a 32 bit application.
So don't think any of the above will help in this case.

Back