What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Research Study on Generative Fill for Class

iswift

I am conducting a research study (for a graduate course) on how age, experience with Photoshop, and level of expertise in Photoshop impact a user’s experience with Photoshop Generative Fill.

I want to understand how these different factors explain the variation in user opinion on what and to what degree the technology is or is not useful, easy to use, and aligns or does not align with user values.

I am looking for Photoshop users who have used Generative Fill and are at least 18 years of age.

If agreed, we will schedule a 30-45 minute interview with you via video chat. Your interview will be audio recorded. After the interview, you will be given a questionnaire about opinions on specific topics.

Contact me (Ian Swift) at iswift2@uic.edu if you have any questions.

Hello and welcome to PSG!

For me personally, I'm not interested in any kind of video chat and others may feel the same. But if you're willing to post questions here on the forum, I believe you may get a better response.

In my professional work, I almost never have the need for generative fill so I don't use the option. It mostly fills the needs of novice users who lack basic skills. But it can be a painful a crutch for most who find the option much easier than actually learning proper techniques and doing the work for themselves. This may sound negative but I assure it's not. Any tool that can improve the workflow of a hard working designer can only be considered positive.....................as long as you have the underlying skills to make repairs where and when the generative fill option fails.

Back