What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tips on Effects and Techniques

theone

I recently ran into an ad I have been trying to design, and decided to go for a cool look. Problem is, I don't even know where to start. I have time, but all I need is a starting place. Please take a look at the following link:

http://ndafashions.com/imgs/photo.jpg

Any input, tips, or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

i forgot to say you have to edit the colors later , add some gradient maps or photo filter to make picture better looking :D

Can you give us any more details what your trying to do. You trying to reproduce this ad exactly, or just something cool like it.
To do abstract stuff like in that image there are hundreds of tutorials out there, you can also often find abstract brushes that can be added to your PS.

rasoN that was extremely helpful. It was obvious, but I just needed a starting point. allenrm, I'm looking at a general way to do it. That's the basic look I'm going for, just couldn't find a good tutorial.

starting point is to find a render and paste it :D ,then add the c4d layers :D that easy , and I would apriciate if you click the "THANKS" button below my helpful posts :D ,btw where are you frem ?

Can you give us any more details what your trying to do. You trying to reproduce this ad exactly, or just something cool like it.
To do abstract stuff like in that image there are hundreds of tutorials out there, you can also often find abstract brushes that can be added to your PS.
No brushes were used in this picture :D

Hi theone

Actually whit some time and if you really like design you can do a lot more cooler things than that.

here's something to get you started

- Design the background first, i rather a circular gradient instead of a plain color, just 'cause a radial gradient drives the attention to the main subject of the design

- Try finding some 3d abstract renders if you can make them will be great other ways just Google some free stock images here's a great place to start whit some awesome 3d free renders "Abstract 3D Renders Pack"

- Also find some free technology stock pictures: phones,computers,electronics, etc. Whatever you may find interesting to base your design on. "the internet is plenty of"

- Find some Brushes or make your own, it has to mach the design theme like: surreal glows, bokeh,
maybe some technical brushes you can find some useful free brushes here: 15 Places to Find Awesome Free Photoshop Brushes

- Last Part play whit color balance, saturation,curves, maybe color overlay in order to get a nice color balance design between you color theme and the subject.

- And something that i consider 1 of the most important things:

Don't just copy or try to recreate exactly what you see on other people artwork, always add something new, something yours, a personal touch to it.

That way when you finish the design you'll feel happy and proud of yourself.

Good Luck

Last edited:
Hi theone

Actually whit some time and if you really like design you can do a lot more cooler things than that.

here's something to get you started

- Design the background first, i rather a circular gradient instead of a plain color, just 'cause a radial gradient drives the attention to the main subject of the design

- Try finding some 3d abstract renders if you can make them will be great other ways just Google some free stock images here's a great place to start whit some awesome 3d free renders "Abstract 3D Renders Pack"

- Also find some free technology stock pictures: phones,computers,electronics, etc. Whatever you may find interesting to base your design on. "the internet is plenty of"

- Find some Brushes or make your own, it has to mach the design theme like: surreal glows, bokeh,
maybe some technical brushes you can find some useful free brushes here: 15 Places to Find Awesome Free Photoshop Brushes

- Last Part play whit color balance, saturation,curves, maybe color overlay in order to get a nice color balance design between you color theme and the subject.

- And something that i consider 1 of the most important things:

Don't just copy or try to recreate exactly what you see on other people artwork, always add something new, something yours, a personal touch to it.

That way when you finish the design you'll feel happy proud of yourself.

Good Luck
That's what I've trying to say , but I forgot the background part :D

Back