What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creating a spinning object in Photoshop CS2

kevis

Hey guys, I'm not necessarily new to photoshop... just new to the animation thing...

how exactly would I go around making a continually spinning object in photoshop CS2, for example a star?

thanks!

edit: for clarity, I mean an object which spins like _313546_spiral_star_ani_150.gif <this

opposed to one which spins like
redstarjc1.gif

Welcome kevis.
An animation like that is pretty simple. All you need to do is create the object, copy the object to a new layer, rotate it an x number of degrees, copy this one to another layer, rotate it an x number of degrees, etc. Then in Imageready it's just a matter of turning layer 1 on for frame 1, layer 2 on for frame 2, layer 3 on for frame 3, etc.
I think there's even an action in ImageReady itself that allows you to rotate an object.

sPECtre said:
Do not forget that in CS2, the animation palette is in Photoshop!

To avoid confusion among beginners, what Pierre means to say is that "Do not forget that in CS2, the animation palette is also in Photoshop!" :)

To add to what Gaussian said, you also need to make sure the amount of degrees you rotate an object for each frame will add up evenly with 360. If you do not, the animation will appear to have a glitch each time it repeats. For example, if choose to rotate your object 42 degrees each frame, you will end up with either 336 degrees on the 8th frame or 378 degrees of rotation on the 9th frame. (too much or not enough) All you have to do to get it right, is divide 360 by the amount of frames you want to have in the final animation. For example, a 10 frame animation would require 36 degrees of rotation each frame. 20 frames = 18 degrees per frame, 30 frames = 12 degress per frame, etc. Hope you got all that. :\

Back