What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LED sign display

Stephen0523

Hello, would anyone know a good way to convert a photo to look like a Daktronic LED sign display like attached and at this like?

Google Daktronics display

Thanks
Stephen

Attachments

• DAK.jpg
    DAK.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 39
Hi Stephen, this is what I came up with........

LED_01.png

I'm not sure if this is what your looking for. I originally found this TUTORIAL which gave me the idea of using white (off white) LED lights as a pattern. I simply added a layer style pattern overlay to my original photo. I played with the settings until I liked it. You could add other effects to enhance it.

Here's the pattern I created.....

Screen Shot 2013-06-05 at 11.05.33 AM.png

Here are a bunch of tutorials on Creating Patterns in Photoshop

Good Luck, hope this gets you pointed in the right direction!

Last edited:
He created it, using the pattern above. I believe. Or found the lights. Then you go to edit, save pattern, and give it a name. It will now be in your layer effects/pattern overlay window.

Well, not what I am hoping for :-(
I attached a zip of my file, to open and look at.

Attachments

• DAK.psd.zip
    DAK.psd.zip
    2 MB · Views: 2
  • Screen Shot 2013-06-05 at 8.06.25 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-06-05 at 8.06.25 PM.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 5
Hey Stephen,

Your working with a very small file and that always makes matters more difficult.

All I did in the above Clinique image was.......
Me said:
I simply added a layer style pattern overlay to my original photo. I played with the settings until I liked it. You could add other effects to enhance it.

I apologize for being so vague in my description, I take too much for granted that others are more familiar with Photoshop.

Here is my version of your sandwich image......

DAK_01.png

Here is the layer style with settings for your sandwich image. Notice I used the pattern that I created earlier.

Screen Shot 2013-06-05 at 7.01.33 PM.png

Here is the layers panel....

Screen Shot 2013-06-05 at 7.01.57 PM.png

This still may not be exactly what your looking for, but I hope it helps>

Last edited:
Thanks for all your help. It was very helpful. I am very used to Layer Styles, but I think I will see if I can find a close up of a dot matrix image of what the Daktronic panels look like and try that.

Back